Platte River Academy is pleased to roll out a NEW & IMPROVED Hot Lunch Program for the 2012/2013 school year. The Hot Lunch Committee is proud to offer our students and staff a daily Hot Lunch Program. The purpose of the Hot Lunch Program is to provide convenient & nutritious meal options for students and staff. Hot lunch is an optional program. We contract with multiple local vendors to provide a selection of food choices throughout the week. We work to negotiate with vendors to secure competitive pricing so families have an affordable school lunch option.
The NEW SYSTEM will allow parents to view their child’s hot lunch order at any time throughout the hot lunch cycle more easily, order for multiple children, order just milk every day, and order lunch only on days with certain vendors. Parents will be able to deposit a lump sum into their account and carry a credit balance forward to the next order period. The system will send you a reminder email when the order period opens, closes, and when payment is due. Each family will be assigned a user name & login in order to access your account.
- Hot lunch ordering will open on Thursdays and close the following Tuesday. If a holiday falls on a Monday during the order period, then we will extend the order close day to Wednesday. A list of ordering cycles will be posted on the PRA website.
- You may order hot lunch until 12:00 pm on Tuesday.
- All checks/cash will be due by 5:30 pm on the Tuesday that the order period ends.
- If we DO NOT receive your payment by 5:30pm, your order will be cancelled.
- In a situation of a split or multiple parent family, the person placing the order is responsible for making sure that all monies are received by the deadline.
- Please make sure that all checks are made payable to: Platte River Academy.
- PRA does not issue hot lunch refunds. The Hot Lunch Program does not provide refunds, including but not limited to snow days missed lunches, missing lunch sheets etc. In the event we are able to cancel the vendor and avoid the hot lunch charge, the funds collected for that lunch will be retained by PRA to support the hot lunch program. Please ensure your child knows when and if to expect a lunch or beverage provided through the Hot Lunch Program. If your child is missing his hot lunch sheet or there is some other issue related to his hot lunch, please ensure he informs his teacher, aide, or the hot lunch supervisor (Kat
- hy Johnson or Cheryl Tiedgen) before or during lunch.
- You may prepay on your account during an order period, but please be aware that at the end of the school year we will not issue a refund. Your account balance will carry over to the next school year so please plan accordingly.
- Email will be our only form of communication in the hot lunch cycle*. Please make sure that you provide valid email addresses for all parties involved including those in a multiple parent situation when placing your hot lunch order. If we have a problem or question with your hot lunch order, we will only contact you by the email address that you provide.
- PRA will no longer offer an annual milk card. If you wish to order milk you will have to go on the hot lunch website and order milk daily, or you can still send in cash with your children on those days.
- If you do not signup and pay for hot lunch your child should bring a sack lunch to school.
- All lunch containers should be labeled with the student’s name.
- Soda and glass of any kind are not permitted
- *Please email your child’s teacher or call the front office if your child’s lunch should be donated to a sibling due to absence.
The Hot Lunch committee is very excited about the new system. Please feel free to contact us with any problems that you may run into with this new program.
The Hot Lunch Committee
Hot Lunch Supervisors: Kathy Johnson & Cheryl Tiedgen
Website Posting: Kathy Gallegos
Financial Reconciliation: Jenny Nicholson
E-mail feedback to: email@example.com